One of my favorite ways to make guilt-free desserts is to use all raw, living food ingredients. Yet another example that nourishing foods can also be totally satisfying and delicious! These yummy bars have become a favorite in our home as they’re so fun and easy to make.
NOTE: If you don’t have a star-shaped cookie cutter (or just don't want to deal), you can simply cut into squares.
Recipe from The Two-Week Wellness Solution
• 1½ cups raw, unsalted cashews
• 2 cups strawberries (or half strawberries, half raspberries), fresh or frozen
• ½ cup EACH: agave nectar and coconut butter
• ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
• 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Place the cashews in plenty of water to cover and let soak for 8-12 hours (or overnight). Drain well in a strainer and set aside. NOTE: You can skip this step if you have a Vitamix or Blendtec and go straight to step two.
2. Place the cashews in a food processor (or blender) and blend very well. Add all of the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Continue to blend until very smooth and creamy. This may take several minutes, so be patient. Remove and pour/scrape into a large lasagna-style pan (9.5 x 13.5-inches). Smooth out the top and place in the freezer for 2 hours, or until mostly firm.
3. Remove from the freezer and cut into stars using a small, star-shaped cookie cutter. If the mixture is too firm to cut, let it thaw for a few minutes first. For the excess portion, you can either shape it into a flat layer, refreeze, and cut into stars again, or simply cut it into randomly shaped chunks. Either way, delish.
4. To store, freeze in an airtight container. To serve, simply remove from the freezer and enjoy immediately (just like you would an ice cream bar). ENJOY - Hope you love them as much as we do!!
Makes 20 servings/GF/SF/Blue (according to the health guidelines in my books)