Oh YES. Yes, yes, yes!
Hi, potato dish. I say YES to you. Yes. Yes. A thousand times, yes.
(I like the word yes)
OK, enough of this nonsense, yes? On to the stuff you landed here for!
I created this recipe years ago, but it remains one of my very favorite dishes. Why? Well, for the simple reason that it has ALL of the following checkpoints:
1. It's super flavorful
2. It's easy to make, without a ton of ingredients.
3. It's great leftover, hot or cold.
4. It's versatile
5. It's chock-freakin-full of nutrients and superfoods!!
Those are pretty good reasons to try this, yes?? :D
So, whip up a batch of these magical potatoes, and see for yourself. You can eat them plain, hot or cold - or add them to a wrap, salad, or bowl.
Supercharged Power Potatoes
If you have cooked potatoes on hand, this mouth-watering side dish will come together in under 15 minutes. It boasts seven different superfoods, so you can feel great about devouring this super yummy dish! Recipe from Radiance 4 Life
▪ 1 tablespoon coconut oil
▪ 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
▪ 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, preferably black
▪ 2 medium potatoes (baked and cooled), chopped (2 cups chopped potatoes)
▪ ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
▪ ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne
▪ 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
▪ ½ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
▪ 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sesame seeds and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or just until the garlic begins to brown.
2. Add the potatoes and sprinkle evenly with the turmeric and cayenne. Stir gently to combine the ingredients well. Stir-fry until the potatoes are lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the scallions and sprinkle evenly with the salt. Stir-fry for one minute. Sprinkle with the lime juice, stir well, and serve.
Serves 2/GF/SF/Green (according to the health guidelines in my books and coaching programs)
♥ Superstars in this dish: coconut, garlic, sesame, turmeric, chili peppers (cayenne), onions (scallions), lime